Estructure provided comprehensive engineering services related to renovation of the acute care nursing units on the 7th, 11th, 12th & 15th floors of Moffitt/Long Hospital at the Parnassus campus. This phased project was undertaken to renovate hospital units vacated by the relocation of services to the UCSF Medical Center at Mission Bay. The total project area was approximately 82,000 GSF. The construction cost, excluding equipment cost, was approximately $18.5 million. Estructure provided continuing service throughout all phases of planning, design and construction, and assisted with integration of all disciplines. This project included:
• Conversion of a pediatric acute care nursing unit on the 7th floor of Long to an adult acute care nursing unit.
• Remodel of an existing Labor, Delivery and Post-Partum Unit on 15th Floor of Long to an adult medical nursing unit.
• Upgrade of an existing adult oncology nursing unit on the 11th floor of Long for functional improvements.
• Upgrade of an existing acute care nursing unit on the 12th floor of Long for the expansion of the adult oncology nursing services.
• Extensive MEP alterations and upgrades.
• Achieving NPC4 compliance in all areas of renovation.